Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches

So I know I make fun of my boyfriend allll the time for never eating anything green. I still love him, I swear.

But the other day, nothing short of a miracle happened. We were in a cab going to an event and we had to grab dinner to go. I grabbed a chicken caesar salad from the pizza place and he grabbed two slices of pepperoni pizza, of course. I'm not a huge caesar fan in general, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Colin scarfed down his pizza and was just eyeing my salad like it was chocolate cake. He ended up trying it.....AND ENJOYING IT! I gave him the rest of my dinner because I was in such shock.

I found this recipe from Nikki at chef-in-training (I am borderline obsessed with all of her recipes). Colin had asked for Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner so I offered up this as a substitute because I have been dying to try out my new slow cooker. These were so easy and so good and so simple and I could clearly just rave on about them forever! Want to know the best part? My boyfriend actually was able to make them himself!


Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (mine were frozen)
1/2 - 1 Cup of your favorite Caesar Salad Dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups shredded lettuce
4-6 hamburger buns
4 slices of bacon cooked (optional)

Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker and drain water. Place chicken on a cutting board and shred chicken. Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, cheese, and pepper over top. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot. 
Assemble buns with lettuce and bacon and chicken mixture. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment