I, unfortunately, do not have one of those fancy cameras or the skill set in the kitchen, quite frankly, to make my pictures look as mouth watering as all other bloggers. I remember I saw a picture of this bread with the title "Peanut Butter Oreo Banana Bread" and just thought "YES". But, as always, it became lost in my black hole of 2000 pins and just kept getting pushed further and further on the back burner UNTIL I neglected 3 bananas and felt completely guilty throwing them out. This forgotten recipe came into my head like a light bulb and had my boyfriend run out to get all of missing ingredients.
Now, I love peanut butter. Like spoon out of the jar love peanut butter. This bread to me just tastes like banana bread with Oreos. Next time, I will probably double the peanut butter, but this could totally just be a "Jules Problem".
Peanut Butter Oreo Banana Bread (adapted from something swanky)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup peanut butter (double for a lot of pb taste!)
2 overripe bananas
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
15 Oreos, crushed (i used a food processor)
4 Oreos, crushed (by hand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 standard loaf pans.
2. Mix oil, peanut butter, and sugar with a stand mixer whisk.
3. Add in the bananas, eggs, buttermilk, and baking soda to the peanut butter mixture.
4. Slowly mix in flour until just combined.
5. Mix in the crushed Oreos
6. Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. (Mine had to bake closer to an hour FYI!)
8. Let cool & enjoy :)