Friday, August 9, 2013

Oreo Dirt Cookies

I know I mentioned this in my Banana Peanut Butter Oreo Bread, but there is no greater feeling than moving a recipe to "Completed Recipes" on Pinterest. I have seen so many recipes for Oreo cookies and I kept trying to make them, but one group always stuck out to me.

I am a huge cookie fan.One reason, is of course the small portions so I don't feel like a total cow when I finish one or two or three. Also, they don't require a ton of bowls and a ton of different steps that involve me to freeze or wait. I'm impatient! I can't be waiting for those cupcakes to cool when I know just how good that batter tasted and how good the icing I just made is! With cookies, I can just pop them in and out of the oven (in about 15 minutes) and start devouring! They are perfect for weeknight baking too.

I had some Oreos left from the banana bread, so I knew what was coming!



Oreo Dirt Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup crushed Oreos

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese using a hand mixer until they are well combined.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until ingredients are well combined. Add the flour and mix on low until incorporated. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Make the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in Oreo crumbs until it is covered. Place on baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
5. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes. ENJOY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment