Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Lenten Chronicles

I think its time for a post that is not food related. Since this is supposed to be about hobbies, I am deciding to expand on a few.

Did I mention that I gave up cheese for Lent? Thats right, cheese. I am going strong, but lets just take a minute to think of all of the things that has cheese. Pizza, mozzarella sticks, deli sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, dips, cheese & crackers, cheeseburgers, salads. UGH IT IS SO HARD! This weekend on my way up to my lake house, my boyfriend and I stopped at his college roommates house to have some dinner and break up the trip. Guess what they ordered us? Pizza. Guess who couldn't eat? This girl. First time I'm meeting this people and I can't eat the dinner they buy me. It didn't help that my excuse was "Oh, I can't eat cheese for 40 days." Silly Lent.

Anyway, I have a verryyyy fancy gala I am going to this weekend and I am quite excited to get dressed up. I really wouldn't call it a hobby to get dressed up, but I absolutely adore nail polish (currently wearing: merino cool by essie...LOVE), taking pictures, etc. I also haven't worn a full length dress since prom so I jumped right on that opportunity. These are the two dresses I have ordered for the occasion.



Rent the Runway came in clutch thats for sure! The gala also has all proceeds going to cancer which is a cause very near and dear to my heart so the donation of $200 was worth it to me.

Lets just hope the dinner doesn't involve cheese...

No comments:

Post a Comment