Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hiatus ended!

Woooo. I have taken quite a long break there. February has been very busy for me with the snow storm up here, work, valentines day this past weekend, etc.

Now, I baked these cheesecake cookies from Abby Sweets about two weeks ago. Reading the description they were supposed to be soft, pillowy, puffy, etc. I think I have mentioned my roommate doesn't like chocolate, so I decided to make these for both her and my office. They were fairly simple to make, but I immediately noticed they were not going to be the texture I had in my head. I didn't take any nice pictures of them, and they turned out hard, crumbly and totally disappointing for me.

On the other hand, my roommate ate all 20 of them. Not one cookie made it to the office. I come home the other day to one cookie in the cookie jar that she saved in case I wanted one. A direct quote was "all I want is those cookies and we don't have anymore!" So, maybe they just weren't for me!

Here is the recipe anyway:


Cheesecake Cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
Graham Cracker Crumbs, for coating


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Mix in vanilla extract. Stir in the flour until well combined.
Scoop the dough and form into 1" balls. Roll in graham cracker crumbs so cookie is covered.
Place covered cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.


No comments:

Post a Comment