Monday, February 25, 2013

Celebrating the roommates birthday!

It was my roommates birthday this past Sunday. I had been planning what to make her for quite some time so I was very excited when I got out of work early on Friday and had some baking time.

I baked her these birthday cake cheesecake bars from My Prairie Window. They taste just like funfetti cake batter and are absolutely incredible! Did I mention they are ridiculously easy too? Ah-mazing.

UPDATE: I should have mentioned that these are very very sweet. I have found that a lot of guys do not enjoy them as much as the females. My boyfriend hated them, for one. My coworker wasn't the biggest fan either. They should probably be eaten in more fudge sized pieces than bars.

First you just take a box of rainbow chip/funfetti cake mix and mix it with 1/2 cup of room temperature butter. Honestly, my mixture just looked like a somewhat more crumbly version of dry cake mix, so I probably should have waited a little bit longer for the butter to be room temperature-ish. Save about 1 cup of this mixture for later.


You're going to take this mixture and just press it into a greased 9x13 pan to form your crust.

Then, you are going to mix your cream cheese, rainbow chip icing, and one egg at a time together. Just pour that delicious mixture over your crust.

Pour that one cup of the dry mixture over top. Bake @ 325 for 45 minutes and let cool in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.

YUMMM.

Ingredients:1 box Party Rainbow Chip cake
1/2 cup butter – at room temp
1 container Rainbow Confetti frosting
2-  8oz. blocks of cream cheese – softened
3 eggs
Preparation:*In a bowl place the dry cake mix and the butter, mix until butter is incorporated, I use my stand mixer it works great.  Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture, and set aside.
* In a 9×13 pan or cookie sheet lined with foil and sprayed, place the remaining cake mix crumble in the pan and press into a crust.
* In same bowl place cream cheese and frosting and mix until smooth, then add eggs one at a time until combined.
* Pour mixture over crust, sprinkle with the reserved crumb topping.
* Bake at 325 degrees for 45 mins- the bars will be set, but still slightly jiggly, and slightly golden.  Remove from oven and let cool completely. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours then remove and cut to serve




No comments:

Post a Comment