Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all those that celebrate! I took a little bit of a longer break than I wanted to, but I have been so busy!

I went to Maryland this weekend with my boyfriend for the holiday to visit my family which was great. I really wish I was able to see them more often, but that is a downside of being an adult, I guess!

My mom has a gorgeous kitchen that I love to bake in considering my oven, stove, and dishwasher is from the 1900s. I made a few Easter treats to share the recipes for!

I knew my coworker had a soft spot for Cadbury eggs and, I mean, who doesn't?! I saw this recipe on une gamine dans la cuisine for Cadbury egg brownies and I was SOLD. Now, a perk of being able to cook at my moms is the gorgeous kitchen, but a negative is I always forget that she has a minimal amount of baking pans. I also always realize this when I am ready to pour the batter. Needless to say, she did not have the 8x8 pan that was recommended. I decided to change them into brownie cups by baking the batter in muffin tins and sticking the egg on top!







Cadbury creme eggs brownies

Ingredients 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips  1/2 cup room temperature butter 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 egg 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 12 mini Cadbury creme eggs, unwrapped

Directions Heat the oven to 350F. Spray non-stick into muffin tin.  In a microwave safe bowl place the chocolate chips. Microwave, 30 seconds at a time, until melted. Stir to combine. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and stir well. Pour in the melted chocolate and keep stirring. Slowly add the flour mixed with baking powder. Spread the batter on the bottom of the prepared pan and press in the Cadbury creme eggs. Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment