Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fantastic Surprise in SoHo

Well work has been nothing short of a complete and total nightmare for the last 8 days. As I mentioned, I work for a small company and my boss has been on vacation to St. Barts. Besides my immense jealousy, I have been running accounting and operations by myself for the last week. My stress level, blood pressure, and pretty sure my weight from the emotional eating, has sky rocketed. He came back today, thank goodness, so there may be some cookies/bars/cupcakes in my future tonight!

I was wondering around Lower Manhattan a little while ago and literally stopped in my tracks when I saw a small, wall to wall glass shop with the words CHOBANI on top. I have always been a huge yogurt fan, even when I was a kid. I became even more of a yogurt fan as a weight conscious adult. I have hopped immediately on the Greek Yogurt band wagon as well (also the frozen yogurt one) so this made my heart do a little flip and left me zero choice but to walk right on in. Now, I anticipated it to be similar to those fro-yo stores where there are countless possibilities and combinations of self serve toppings and flavors and I was PUMPED. I was greeted by the wonderfully pleasant worker with a fancy touch screen iphone menu and order pad. First off, menu? You mean I can't just dump cookie dough pieces into my Chobani? Bummer. I was given a menu with seven options. Seven. At least there wasn't too much decision making involved. A few of the combinations were very intimating for my immature palette, so it was a no brainer to go with the peanut butter and jelly option.

Nails: Essie: Butler Please!



Seriously. Look at those pictures! My mouth is drooling just thinking about it. Needless to say I inhaled the entire cup and have been dreaming of either a store opening up in midtown or my office getting relocated to SoHo. If you pass by the Chobani store, please do yourself a favor and go inside. It is life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment